Pages

January 27, 2010

Nanaimo Bars - Daring Bakers

Have you noticed that January is almost over?! Usually this month seems to never end, at least to me. Now this time it flew away so fast! The end of a month means the Daring Bakers strike again! The January 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Lauren of Celiac Teen. Lauren chose Gluten-Free Graham Wafers and Nanaimo Bars as the challenge for the month. The sources she based her recipe on are 101 Cookbooks and www.nanaimo.ca. What a great choice of a dessert! It is easy and fast to prepare - I have just finished these some half an hour ago - and it is really delicious. Though, I must confess, I didn't use custard powder, but made a vanilla cream myself. Besides this was the first ever Canadian dish I have ever prepared. Thanks for the challenge Lauren!

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They look delightful! Surely heavenly with that vanilla cream of yours...

Cheers,

Rosa

Manggy said...

Good on you for not using custard powder! They look perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Kedves Almond Corner, kaptál tőlem valamit:
http://pocakpanna.blogspot.com/2010/01/kreativ-blogger-dij.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails