Pages

July 24, 2008

Beetroot, Celery & Pear Tart - Culinarty Round-Up

It is time again for the Original Recipe Event launched by Lore from Culinarty. Since days I knew exactly what I am going to prepare, however I was not sure at all if it is going to be tasty.




I had all ingredients at home: a piece of celery left from the soup I cooked yesterday, one pear from the saffron pears I prepared lately, a half pack of grated almonds, half cup of yoghurt, a piece of smoked cheese. However using only these ingredients it would have been totally bland. That is why I thought to bring some colour to it in a form of a beetroot. My experiment turned to be a light and tasty lunch!

Ingredients:
150 g flour
3.5 g dry yeast

40 g butter
60 ml milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 beetroot

1 small celery
1 pear
250 ml yoghurt

1 egg
50 g grated almond
100 g smoked cheese
juice of 1 lemon
nutmeg, lemon pepper

salt, pepper


Knead a dough out of flour, dry yeast, butter, lukewarm milk, salt and sugar. Set aside for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C. Slice celery, pear and beetroot with a help of a mandoline. Sprinkle lemon juice over the pear. Butter a tart form and put rolled out dough into it. Place sliced veggies and fruit in it and add mixed yoghurt with egg, almond and spices. Add grated smoked cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.


7 comments:

Lore said...

Chriesi I'm in awe! This is definitely a UNIQUE masterpiece judging by the ingredients and how great it looks (love that pink touch!). I know from personal experience that celery and beets are a great pairing and by adding pear and smoked cheese this must have been incredibly flavourful and well balanced.
Thanks for sending it my way :)

SZINTIA said...

Már megint nagyot alkottál! Igen jól néz ki!:)

Chriesi, nekem is van számodra egy meglepim!
...mert megérdemled!

Üdv: Szintia

Chibog in Chief said...

this is so original chriesi!! i cant wait to try this recipe next time i beetroots in the market :-)

Sarah R said...

That's SO pretty!!

Madeline said...

Your photos are gorgeous! This is such a pretty tart. I love the color. Beets are one of my favorite foods. I can't wait to try this.

Helene said...

I'd be the only one eating it here because of the beets but see if I care, ahahahah!!! Love it!

Orsi said...

Szia!Nézz be a blogomra,van egy kis meglepetés a számodra!
http://horsi-orsi.blogspot.com/
üdv Orsi

Related Posts with Thumbnails