Pages

July 4, 2008

Strawberry Sorbet - Art You Eat #4 - Special Effects!

The theme of this month's Art You Eat blog event is to think in special shapes. This strawberry sorbet is an old recipe of mine that I prepare often. It happened that I received a basket of strawberries, picked fresh from field, from my neighbour. They were amazingly tasty and very sweet, somewhat too sweet to me, that is why I decided to make this sorbet. It was nice on this hot summer evening.


Ingredients:
500 g strawberry
100 ml elderflower syrup
1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg white

1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar



Puree strawberries together with the syrup and the lemon juice. Freeze it for an hour.
Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt and the vanilla sugar until almost stiff.

Then stir in the strawberry mixture.
Put it into the deep freezer for 3 hours and stir it again every hour.
Do not forget to get it out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

Marija said...

What a great idea for shaping sorbet! Bravo!

Shari said...

I love the shape of your sorbet! Very creative!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Deeba PAB said...

That's absolutely wonderful Chriesi! I'm caught in the throes of making either sorbet or granita with roasted apricots & am driving myself insane! What beautiful art this isindeed !!

PheMom said...

The sorbet sounds wonderful, the strawberries are beautiful - who wouldn't love to have one of those to pop in their mouth on a hot summer evening! Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails