Pages

July 18, 2008

Risotto al Radicchio

"What should I serve for dinner? Oh there is a beautiful radicchio in the fridge, great! So what shall I do with it?!" These thoughts were running on my mind, when all of a sudden I had the idea to prepare a risotto. I wanted to try it since long with red wine, so I grabbed a pot and started to peel an onion...


Ingredients:
1 onion
2 celery stalks

250 g risotto rice
500 ml red wine
300 ml vegetable stock

1 radicchio
grated parmesan

olive oil
salt, pepper


Grate onion and celery stalks. Heat olive oil, add onion, celery and sauté. Add rice and mix until rice is well covered with oil. In a separate large saucepan bring the stock and the wine to simmer, and keep it hot. Add some wine, increase heat to medium, and stir constantly. When the wine has been absorbed, add a little of the hot wine-stock. Add salt and pepper.
Once it is absorbed, add a little more; repeat this process, stirring constantly, until the rice is cooked through. After third portion of wine-stock add chopped radicchio.
To the cooked rice add grated parmesan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until parmesan melt. Season with salt.

4 comments:

Lore said...

What an intriguing concoction! I bet you chose the radicchio because its colour would go so well with red wine. Did I guessed it right? :)

Shari said...

Love the color combo. I've never made risotta, but it's on my list of things to try! BTW, I've given you an award. Check it out here!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

sarah j. gim said...

LOVE the color - always a treat to come across a natural purple :)

Geri said...

Looks great and radicchio is so good for you. When examined solely for its antioxidant capabilities, radiccio is an antioxidant powerhouse compared to other fruits and vegetables.

Related Posts with Thumbnails