Pages

July 30, 2008

Filbert Gateau with Praline Buttercream - Daring Bakers

Luckily when I baked this month's challenge I still had a functional camera. However not annymore when I wanted to bake the Double DB, so this going to follow somewhen, soon. I loved the buttercream with the crunchy hazelnut parline paste. Oh and I was very happy to use my home made apricot jam in the cake. I remember as a child I always hated the idea of putting jam into a dessert, such as the Hungarian Zserbó, that my mom always baked, meanwhile I prepare it myself for Christmas and the jam may not be missing.

The most painful part of this challenge: peeling the nuts! Boah that was a task! It took me hours to get them naked.




Thanks for this great challenge to Chris from Mele Cotte.
Check out the fellow Daring Bakers here.

14 comments:

Chibog in Chief said...

oh my your month's challenge is beautifully done chriesi!! im jealous :-)

zorra said...

Well done! Psst, I didn't peeled the hazelnuts. ;-)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Your cake looks good. I loved the praline buttercream too, except I used almonds. Had to peel them too.

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

This looks fantastic! Those hazelnuts are rather shy, aren't they?? LOL

Marye said...

well done! :)
marye
bakingdelights.com

giz said...

Your gateau is gorgeous and I'm so with you on the skinning of the nuts thing. That part was really just painful. Otherwise totally delicious.

Ann said...

Your cake is just beautiful!
Ann at Redacted Recipes

Sara said...

Looks really beautiful!

Helene said...

You did a wonderful job on this mont challenge! Love it!

Lorrie said...

I agree, the nut peeling was such a pain and messy too! Your cake looks beautiful :)

test it comm said...

Your cake looks good! Using homemade apricot jam sounds really good.

linda said...

Your cake looks beautiful and delicious!
The hazelnuts were a lot of work indeed....

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your cake looks magnificent! Very well done! I really peel my hazelnuts ;-P...

Cheers,

Rosa

Lauren said...

Ooo, your cake is beautiful! The hazelnuts look fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails