Pages

May 4, 2009

The Salad Post

It is been a long time that I posted, but now I am back to the kitchen. As my first post in May I decided to collect a few salads I prepared lately. I could hardly believe my eyes when I found a bunch of colorful swiss chard in pot! It only had a few leaves, therefore I decided to serve it raw, because it was so tender.

I have it growing on the window ledge and I can hardly wait for the next portion, until then I watch those tiny leaves growing day by day. The other salads I prepared have an Asian touch, and they go pretty well together. One is a cucumber salad of tiny cucumbers.


For the marinade I mixed some sour cream, honey, fresh ginger, lemon juice and a few drops of dark sesame oil.

I received a nice bunch of Mizuna and marinated only with light sesame oil, white wine vinegar and soy sauce.

Mizuna or Japanese Mustard has a piquant, mild pfeffry taste, but less pfeffery than arugula.

My favourite type of chicory-like endive is the Carmine. Carmine is a cross between chicory and Chioggia, a red Italian endive.

3 comments:

Manggy said...

Nice to have you back Chriesi, and a lovely salad you have to boot! :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What beautiful salads! Yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

so jung und zart sieht man sie selten, die farbigen Krautstiele.

Related Posts with Thumbnails