Pages

May 12, 2009

Sunday's lunch

I bought a bunch of young spinach that supposed to end up on the table for lunch. I decided to prepare them classical with garlic and nutmeg among some nuts. The nuts brought me the idea to serve the beef in a hazelnut sauce. The sauce was good, though I found the grind nuts a bit disturbing. The beef was marinated in oil, with chopped parsley, sage, rosemary and some ground juniper berries and on top I served a slice of fried bone marrow.

Ingredients:
20 g butter
1 shallot
250 ml vegetable or beef stock
3 tablespoon sherry
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
150 ml cream

4 tablespoon ground hazelnut
salt, pepper

Melt butter add chopped shallot and stew, pour stock on it and bring it to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat stir in dijon mustard, cream, hazelnut and sherry and cook until its consistence thick enough.

1 comment:

Manggy said...

Ooh, lovely presentation! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails