Pages

May 20, 2008

Cauliflower Panna Cotta

This dish is today's experiment, that was a success. The experiment part was not the cauliflower panna cotta, but the spinach sponge under it. I consulted with my mom and she was not sure if a sponge would not be too flat without sugar. First I had the idea to add a pack of vanilla sugar, but then I thought no risk, no fun. I flavoured the panna cotta with truffle oil, well next time I am going to leave that, because after experiencing black truffle three times, I am sure now, it is not my cup of tea.


Ingredients:
For the spinach sponge:
1 egg
1 tablespoon spinach
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
salt, pepper, nutmeg

For the panna cotta:
200 g cauliflower
30 g butter
40 ml vegetable stock
25 ml heavy cream

2 gelatine sheets
salt, pepper, nutmeg
optional truffle oil


Whisk egg yolk with spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg and flour. Stir in beaten egg white and bake on 200°C for about 3-5 minutes in any kind of form you want.
Cook cauliflower roses in water, or stock until ready. Melt butter, add 40 ml veggie stock and puree together with the cauliflower. Add heavy cream, salt, pepper
, nutmeg and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in gelatine and fill into forms, let it cool until stiff.

3 comments:

Melita said...

OMG! That is so neat! I like both the cauliflower, and spinach, so it must be good too. Great idea, and display!

Amy J. said...

That looks good! I'm with you - I bought a little bottle of truffle oil recently and I just can't wrap my taste buds around it. :P

test it comm said...

Cauliflower panna cotta on a spinach sponge sounds really interesting. Great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails