Pages

May 20, 2008

Crack the crust!

I guess the cooking list of a foodie is almost unending. This crust is something I wanted to prepare since quite a while. After the first bit I knew, this is going to be something that will visit my kitchen again and again. I am talking about an almond-celery crust with majoram, sage and parsley. I coated a piece of pork tenderloin with it. In the saucepan, where I fried the meat before adding the crust on top, I added sliced mushrooms, salt pepper and some veggie stock. I poured some white wine under the meat, and when it was ready I added this white wine to the mushrooms with some heavy cream and got a yummy sauce that went really well with this dish.

Ingredients:
200 g celery
bunch of parsley
2-3 sage leaves

3-4 majoram leaves
100 g almond, coarsly grated

1 egg
2 tablespoon breadcrumbs

2 tablespoon sour cream
1 pork tenderloin
dijon mustard

white wine
salt, pepper
butter


Salt, pepper meat, marinate with dijon mustard and fry in butter. Prepare crust: chop herbs, add almond, egg, breadcrumbs, sour cream. Add crust on top of the pork, pour white wine under it and put it in the oven for 30-40 minutes on 200°C.

3 comments:

Chibog in Chief said...

i love the sound of almond celery crust with marjoram on a pork tenderloin. I was in fact thinking of cooking some pork (filet mignon) tomorrow night..thanks for this brilliant idea!!

test it comm said...

That crust looks nice and golden brown on top and it sounds tasty.

Lore said...

You've been tagged! You can read more about it here.
Btw, the crust sounds like such a good idea for a weekend dinner :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails