Pages

May 18, 2008

Chocolate&Orange Cake

I was thinking a lot about what I should prepare using those cute chocolate bars I have received lately as a sample from Amano. I noticed that I have some small oranges left and I thought that would be a nice combination.

I remembered a recepie that I have seen in Pierre Hermé's book so I decided to search for it and bake. The recepie calls for syrup which I left out and instead of Cointreau I used some sherry to moist the cake. This chocolate cream was the best that I have ever tasted!!!


Ingredients:
For the cake:
1 orange
50 g butter

3 eggs
150 g sugar
150 g flour
7 g baking powder

For the cream:
1/2 orange
2 eggs
200 g dark chocolate (60%)

100 g butter
80 g sugar


Preheat oven to 180°C.
Melt butter, let it cool. Whisk egg yolk with sugar until fluffly and light yellow. Add orange zest and juice, flour, melted butter and baking powder. Beat egg white and add to the egg yolk mixture. Butter a 20 diameter form, add butter and bake for about 40 minutes.
Melt chocolate over steam, add butter, sugar, orange zest, egg yolks and whisk it all together. Add beaten egg white and let it cool for 20 minutes.
Half the cake, add cream between the layers and cover the whole cake with the cream. Decorate with orange slices and chocolate.

2 comments:

Millie said...

It sounds great! I won't forget to make it! Millie

Chibog in Chief said...

oh my goodness i love this cake..two slices for me please :-) orange with chocolate must be good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails