Pages

May 3, 2008

Strawberry Hemisphere

Each time I visit Hungary I get a big bunch of cottage cheese, because here it is not available in this consistence. Luckily you can freeze it, so that is why I always have it on stock. Of course you find cottage cheese here in the stores but it is not like the Hungarian at all, and cream cheese is not a substitute to me. Two different worlds! I love it in combination with fruits and that inspired me to create this strawberry dessert. It is kind of an unoffical charlotte, as it is without sponge.

Ingredients:
250 g cottage cheese
350 ml milk
3 egg yolks
200 g sugar
1 vanilla pod

150 ml condensed milk
125 g butter

500 g strawberries

Bring milk to boil together with the vanilla pot, seeds scratched out. Whisk egg yolks with sugar and flour. When milk starts to boil stir in egg yolk mixture and set aside. Let it cool. Add
cottage cheese. Whisk in butter. Put foil in a small bowl and decorte with strawberry slices.
Add cottage cheese cream and let it cool over night.

5 comments:

Angel said...

Wow that looks like a mouth orgasm waiting to happen. I better not show my fiancee, he loves strawberries!

Mama Mia said...

Those strawberries look so fresh and your recipe is amazing! yummm~! btw, Im going to switzerland soon for the Eurocup! im so excited!

Melita said...

I love this---this is my kind of dessert!!! Great recipe, and presentation!

SZINTIA said...

Chriesi, ez álomszép! Azt sajnálom, hogy nem tudom azonnal elkészíteni!

gelrenard said...

I think I'll get on it. The top of the dome's strawberries look cool, and the recipe calls for few ingredients!

Related Posts with Thumbnails