Pages

May 4, 2008

Cheesecake with Rhubarb and Strawberry

Last month's Daring Bakers' challenge was really fun to prepare. I had some rhubarb left and I wanted to combine it somehow with cheesecake. As the very first cheesecake I ever baked was the one last month, I decided to make it again with little modification, but this time in muffin forms. The rhubarb-strawberry compote that I served with it is a real explosion. Imagine the cold cheesecake with the warm fruits and the kick that the ginger gives. Absoultely yummy!


Ingredients:
250 g cream cheese
115 g sugar
15 g flour
1 pinch of salt

1 pack vanilla sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon elderberry syrup

juice of 1 lemon
piece of ginger
3 rhubarb stalks

5-6 strawberries


Preheat oven to 160°C- Grease muffin forms (it is enough for 5). Set some water to boil.
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla sugar, flour, salt until smooth. Add the whole eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Place muffin form in a larger roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with the boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the muffin form. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool.
In a saucepan heat honey, elderberry syrup, lemon juice and grated ginger. Add sliced rhubarb and cook for 2-3 minutes. Mix with sliced strawberries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog! I came to check out yours. Nice blog! I already subscribed to you to receive your updates.

Oh, this cheesecake looks great! Great recipe!

Amy J. said...

Wow, that looks so cute! And yummy -- we don't get much rhubarb where I am, I guess because of the warm weather. :P Sometimes I see it in the grocery store and think about getting it....

Millie said...

Feltétlenül ki fogom próbálni!!! Látom nem tétlenkedtél a hétvégén! Millie

Related Posts with Thumbnails