Pages

February 20, 2008

Apricot Dumplings

As a child once a while I had plum dumplings for lunch, but I have never ate the plum as I do not really like cooked fruit. The version with apricot I can not resist. Plump potato dough surrounding juicy apricot with cinnamon and sugar. Mmm, yummy. Coated in bread crumbs, coconut or grated walnut. A fantastic as second part of a midday meal after a soup.


Ingredients:
1 kg potato
200-300 g flour (depends how much the potato needs)
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon semolina
2 tablespoons oil

1 egg
breadcrumbs
cinnamon
sugar
apricot

Cook potatoes until soft.

Drain and peel.
Mash potatoes and add sifted flour, salt, semolina, egg, oil.

Knead gently till all is blended.
On a floured surface, roll dough out, not ticker than a finger.

Cut dough into squares and put a with sugar and cinnamon filled apricot into center of each square.
Fold corners to the middle and roll the dumpling in your hands till round.

Cook a few dumplings at a time in salted water for about 10 minutes.
Place in a pan in which bread crumbs have been toasted in butter or oil.

Serve warm with cinnamon powder sugar.

13 comments:

Vida said...

My mother always used plums for this recipe! Vida

chriesi said...

Yeah mine too, but I think it is a nice alternative.

Vida said...

Absolutely, plums or apricots are delicious, thank you for the recipe, I can bring back memories now! Vida

chriesi said...

That is nice. :) I am glad you like it.

Vida said...

It must be a popular recipe all over Europe, I was born in Yugoslavia and we always ate these, with either walnut and sugar or breadcrumbs and sugar, V

chriesi said...

I was born in Hungary and there it is very popular and also the version with curd cheese.

Vida said...

I am a taurus too, 10th May, about 20 years older than you though! V

Vida said...

My mother's grandfather was born in Hungary too!!! This is a small world!! I better go to sleep it is midnight... I see it is very early over there, can't you sleep either? V

chriesi said...

Oh that is funny. Yeah the world is really small. Here ist not early, somehow I messed up the time settings, it is 14.00. But good night for you. :)

Vida said...

Yes midnight here and yours shows 4.50am but I see it from your comment it is 2pm really... It's a hot night here and the neighbours are noisy so it's hard to sleep..V

chriesi said...

And here it is still quite cold, but slowly it is getting spring.

Vida said...

Nice talking to you and I am happy I found your blog... good night for now... Vida

chriesi said...

Same here, gonna check out your blog later on. Good night and see you soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails