Pages

February 25, 2008

Pork with Coconut Potato Gratin in Orange Sauce

I had no lust to cook today, because I had no idea what. I checked out the leftovers in the fridge which included some coconut milk. I also found two blood oranges and then I thought I should cook something exotic, or at least a little exotic. So I improvised this orange sauce. I confess I do not like meat with fruits at all, but this sauce turned out pretty tasty and I am gonna cook this again for sure.


Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin
sherry
butter
salt, pepper
For the sauce:
1 shallot
2 tablespoon butter
150 ml orange juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon coriander
50 ml bouillon
1 tabelspoon honey
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon cream
pepper
For the coconut potato gratin:
potato
coconut milk
emmentaler cheese
salt, pepper, nutmeg

Slice pork, salt, pepper. Heat butter and fry so that it gets some colour. Add sherry, cover and let it as long as the sherry is cooked. Add some more butter and fry.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Peel potato and slice with a mandoline. Butter muffin forms and in each form put a layer potato, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour some coconut milk over and add some cheese. Countine doing it as long as it is full. Bake for 25 minutes.
Heat butter and add chopped shallot. Add o
range juice, mustard, soy sauce, coriander,bouillon honey and reduce. Mix corn starch with 2 tablespoon sauce and mix in. Add pepper and cream.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails